Information for Speakers:
We are very pleased that you will be joining us in Nuremberg, Germany, on 27 February-1 March 2018.
First and foremost, we would like you to be aware that you are now affiliated with the embedded world Conference 2018, and that your presentation plays a vital role in the success of the conference. Our main objective is to produce an event recognized for its high-caliber technical presentations. Therefore, we strongly request speakers to refrain from giving commercial presentations.
Marketing pitches severely mar the integrity of the conference and, it should be noted, diminish the credibility of the speaker for attendees, who are expecting content-rich sessions. Session chairs are requested to interrupt marketing driven presentations with insufficient technical content. Also in the next years, we will not invite speakers who deliver a presentation with a focus on their company's products or services or who otherwise compromise the spirit of the speaker's role as outlined here.
Deadline final paper:
Please send the final paper (PDF-file) to Ms. Renate Ester: REster@weka-fachmedien.de by Friday, 19 January 2018 at the latest.
As an online abstract submission form is not available, please transfer all files via E-Mail!
• Your paper will be published in the digital conference proceedings (ISBN).
Please meet the given deadline to make sure that your files can be included. The proceedings paper is a requirement for all speakers at the embedded world Conference. The papers are of the utmost value to our attendees. It is our goal to include all papers/presentations in the conference proceedings (download link with password).
We request all embedded world Conference 2018 speakers to use the template for the conference article/final paper (PDF download).
• File naming:
Please use the following format for labeling your files:
• Please transform your final paper into PDF-format yourself. Do not forget to include special fonts and to finally check the PDF-file for graphic and fonts faults.
• Please use the enclosed template for the final paper document.
• In order to prepare for the event, we ask you to send your presentation slides (.PPT-file; 16:9 format) to Ms. Renate Ester (REster@weka-fachmedien.de) until Monday, 12 February, 2018 via E-mail.
• Just in case: Please bring a USB memory stick containing your presentation with you!!
• We will treat the files confidentially.
• Each conference room is equipped with a notebook containing all transmitted presentations.
• Please let us know if you need any further special technical equipment for your lecture.
• Please make sure that you are able to attend the whole session your presentation is part of.
• Please make yourself known to the session chair before the session starts in order to check whether your presentation is on the presentation laptop and works properly. Please make sure that the session chair has the details of your CV in order to introduce you correctly.
• You are already registered for the embedded world Conference 2018. As a speaker you can attend the Sessions free of charge. Classes will be charged with a 50% discount on the fees. You will also receive a complimentary ticket for the embedded world Exhibition.
• When arriving at NürnbergMesse, please come immediately to our conference registration counter (located in the entrance hall of NCC Ost) to pick up your conference badge, the exhibition ticket and the proceedings. Please look out for the sign “Speakers”. Our team will welcome you from Tuesday, 27 February, through Thursday, 1 March, from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
• You will receive a complimentary lunch ticket for the day of your presentation. Additional lunch vouchers can be purchased at the conference registration desk.
• An updated conference timetable and room details will be provided at the conference registration counter along with your badge.
• In each conference room, a presentation notebook with MS Powerpoint 2010 and ADOBE Acrobat Reader and a projector will be provided. Please bring the final version of your presentation on a USB memory stick for copying the file onto the presentation notebook.
• Should you have any delay while travelling to the conference – please inform us immediately.
• Phone: +49 (0) 911 8606 6973 or mobile: +49 (0) 152 5522-9104.
• If required, take your time and prepare your presentation in the Kopernikus Lounge on Level 2. Only speakers and committee members are admitted. Free WiFi access for speakers will be available in the lounge.
Due to numerous enquiries concerning conference fees for co-authors, the Conference Committee has decided to proceed as follows:
• If your co-author wishes to attend the conference, the attendance of the session your paper is scheduled for is free of charge. This free admission is limited to only one co-author.
• In order to attend any further conference sessions or conference blocks, your co-author(s) have to register separately for the sessions of the conference he/she wishes to attend.
• In this case, the conference organizer grants the co-author a 50% discount (please note "co-author" after your last name during registration).
Travel & Accommodation:
• Please book your hotel room in due time. Please refer to the conference website.
• Hotel and travel costs are at your own expense.